cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch eSIM issues

Gubbins172
Visitor

Hi got an Apple Watch 6 and it will not connect to my Data Plan...on setup its saying the smart watch has had problems downloading the eSIM

All software is up to date

IPhone 12

Apple watch 6

unlimited data watch plan

All the Tech team keep saying is we'll reset the eSIM, turn off the watch and phone and re pair the watch....im sick of doing this now...its going back if its not sorted soon

Thanks

44 REPLIES 44
Alex_S
EE Employee

Hi @Gubbins172,

Welcome to the community 🙂

Has the Apple Watch been paired with another device in the past? Or is this the first time setting up and paring to an iPhone?

Is the Watch and iPhone that you are pairing linked to the same EE account?

When was it that you called our technical team to report thew issue? Did they advise what had been done and the timescale before trying to re pair the device?

Alex 🙂

hello :). I am also having this same issue. The Apple Watch I am using hasn’t been paired to any other device apart from the one I am using now. I have the iPhone 12 and the Apple Watch 6 and both are linked to the same EE account. 

I got my phone and watch at the same time and I have had them both now for just over a week. However, I only tried to active my esim today and it keeps saying an issue with download. 

can you help? 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Coley2112

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you tried the steps in our How do I pair my Apple Watch with my iPhone article?

Do you get an error message when you try and pair your Apple Watch to your iPhone?

Leanne 🙂

Hi! @Leanne_T  I did go through the set up guide yes 

when I try to set up my data on my watch, it says “your smart watch has has a problem downloading your esim, click done below to try and download again” I’ve done this multiple times and still getting the same thing 

Leanne_T

Hi @Coley2112

Thanks for coming back to me.

In this case, please give us a call on 150, our Tech Gurus will get this looked into for you.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Hi @Leanne_T 

I phoned 150 and they have been able to resolve this issue for me quickly and simply. Thank you very much for your time 🙂

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back and letting me know @Coley2112

Glad to hear this is all sorted for you 🙂

Leanne.

I am having the same problem. I have contacted 150 several times, no joy. I have a new iPhone 12 Pro Max and Series 6. I had a Series 5 on my previous iphone, the contract expired in October. Essentially I have never been able to get the mobile data to work, despite the replacing the phone. Any advice gratefully received 

I am also having issues, trying to set up data on iwatch SE Cellular. Spent 2 hours on chat (6 different operators to be told call 150 ). 2 and a half hours on phone (150) today to get nowhere. Typical IT answers "switch on/off " "pair/unpair". Apparently they cant add a data plan for your watch as its only you that can do that on set up!!! Unbelievable bad customer support experience. Really have run out of answers now. 

This is as far as i get and the next button doesn't work. 

Buttons on this screen don't work!Buttons on this screen don't work!