cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch eSIM issues

Gubbins172
Visitor

Hi got an Apple Watch 6 and it will not connect to my Data Plan...on setup its saying the smart watch has had problems downloading the eSIM

All software is up to date

IPhone 12

Apple watch 6

unlimited data watch plan

All the Tech team keep saying is we'll reset the eSIM, turn off the watch and phone and re pair the watch....im sick of doing this now...its going back if its not sorted soon

Thanks

44 REPLIES 44
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @London271220 and @mick1573

Are you both trying to activate it whilst connected to 4G?

Chris

Yes I have tried whilst connected to 4g 5G and Wi-fi

@Christopher_G 

Yes to 4G. Let me break this down. I have two phones (Mine & Mrs) under one contract. My apple cellular watch is connected to my phone. I bought my Mrs an Apple Iwatch cellular to pair with her phone.

This is where it get complicated for EE tech guru support. I pair the watch to my Mrs Phone through the set up as setting up for myself but They cannot see the watch as it wont set up for mobile data as per my previous post, it wont let you past that EE screen. 

EE Support will just say they cannot see why it wont set up data as you are the account holder (Which i am) and they just say keep resetting/repair/ refresh your account/watch constantly. This is not helpful.

I have had a play about and have discovered a work-around but still to finish it with another dreaded call to tech support. Instead of using the Mrs phone to pair it with use your own phone. I already have mobile data set up on my watch so i know it works. When you pair the phone it gives you two options 1: Set up for myself. 2: Set up for a family member.

Select set up for family member. Do the full set up and and then unpair from your own phone and it gives you the option to keep data package on the watch. You will now see the phone on your EE account.

Pair the watch back with the Mrs phone. Only problem I have now is that when i switch off the Mrs phone the watch will not make calls and acts just like a GPS version. When you go into the watch app and select mobile data it now gives you a code and says contact 150.

This should not be this complicated...........I will update after call

I’m also having issues. Followed advice from 150 (resetting and repairing watch) to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions?

Leanne_T

Hi @Mdredmond1

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Is this a new Apple Watch? 

Do you get an error message when you pair the Watch and iPhone? 

Leanne.

Yep. It’s a series 6, and my phone is a 12 Mini.

When I select mobile data setup, it says “your smart watch has had a
problem downloading the esim, click done below to try the download again”.

When I click done, nothing happens.
Leanne_T

I see @Mdredmond1

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Have you been back in touch with our Tech Gurus on 150 to get this looked into further? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Not yet - I was on hold for 40 minutes before so I thought I’d try here first to see if anything can be done.
Leanne_T

No problem @Mdredmond1 

Are you connected to WiFi? 

Leanne.

Nope, 4G 🙂