cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch eSIM issues

Gubbins172
Visitor

Hi got an Apple Watch 6 and it will not connect to my Data Plan...on setup its saying the smart watch has had problems downloading the eSIM

All software is up to date

IPhone 12

Apple watch 6

unlimited data watch plan

All the Tech team keep saying is we'll reset the eSIM, turn off the watch and phone and re pair the watch....im sick of doing this now...its going back if its not sorted soon

Thanks

44 REPLIES 44

James

Although you may not have access to this ticket, you have the ticket to be able to escalate this on my behalf?

This has been going on for 2 days now with multiple calls to your “tech gurus”

I’m paying contracts for  2 x I watches (not working) and 3 x phones with EE, so I don’t really want to have to faff about cancelling these and look at alternative providers. 

it really shouldn’t be this difficult 

thanks

sarah

Thanks @Mdredmond1 

so frustrating....it really shouldn’t be this difficult 😣 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SMartyn

This will be getting looked into for you by the right people who will be in touch once they have an update. 

I am sorry we are unable to escalate this for you. 

Leanne.

@Gubbins172 @Gr36 @Mdredmond1 

I just thought I would post an update in here as it seems people are having the same issue.

EE have finally resolved the issue! It seems that although several attempts were made to download a new Esim, it was not done in the correct order.

I spoke to Ashley ****** in the level 3 team who was able to resolve the issue.

thanks

[mod edit: personal details removed from the forum]

I’m having same issues new contract, accidentally erased Esim when pairing to different phone, technical support said new Esim issued but all it says it can take up to 4 hours to activate but never does!

James_B

Hi @Tictactaylor,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you contacted our Tech Gurus to let them know the new eSIM hasn't resolved the issue?

James

Melzzz444
Visitor

Jumping onto this thread - new customer moving from virgin last week - and all week been on phone to customer support.  Only moved as wanted a gps watch to take running with me and not having to carry phone - but also most importantly to be able to phone if I get into issues I.e, falling over, personal security etc. 

so far - 5 calls and nothing - seems this is a known issue for years.  Now asking questions on how to get out the contract whilst in 14 days grace period.....   grrr 😡 

Having the same issue with EE.

It worked initially but every thing went down the road when my plan was monthly was reduced from 7£ to 5£.

been in contact with customer service but to no avail .

As some once pointed out earlier , most of the so called technical GURUS. have no Knowledge .

it’s a challenge to find the right one who can solve this issue. 

Katie_B

Hello @Raaj

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this with your Apple Watch. 

Have you contacted our technical care team?

The team have account access and can complete full diagnostics. 

Katie 🙂

I have been trying to set up my iwatch 6 for over a week. Spent every day over an hour each time to get help! Watch says mobile data plan connected but ,mobile data signal is white. On phone watch app mobile data shows personal, then underneath 

your EE account is not eligible to enable mobile data.

I have been told to unpair then repair watch to phone multiple times with no difference.

it seems that’s their answer, unpair then pair , turn on and off then wait 4 hours to see what happens. They don’t listen when I have told them this has been tried on other occasions with no luck. They say will get someone higher up to phone back and hear nothing! I think I will say not paying for service until it is resolved. 
any one else with this problem