cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch and roaming

Dingerdoidge1
Visitor

Do I need to pay for roaming on my Apple Watch 6 or does it share my phone roaming?

34 REPLIES 34

Hi @Chris_B ,

I do appreciate the response and why you cannot give a reason.. it's my understanding that you don't work for EE? It's also quite possible that it's listed on the website in the T&C's document, but sadly, I added my watch to my plan over the phone and this was not made clear until I was well outside of the cooling off period.

I have no problem with EE *deciding* that they don't want to allow roaming (as crazy as it might be). But it would be great if any EE staff member moderator could actually provide some sort of response on the multiple threads about this. This is clearly something EE customers want.

Ultimately I think this can be easily resolved by modifying their sales advertising to make it clear that roaming is not available and update their staff that may be upgrading or selling the products to ensure that it's clear from the beginning. 

I don't think they will do this though, as clearly being honest and transparent with their customers will result in less people paying for the service. 

rysongs
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Also waiting for a response on this. The Apple Watch has supported international roaming for 2 years now and still no support from EE. Very disappointing 

The best time to make use of the watch untethered from the iPhone is while on holiday, yet EE aren’t allowing us to do it 

As others have noted, this is really frustrating when the watch hardware supports roaming but the network provider does not support the functionality.   My question is why not?  An explanation might ease the frustration a bit.   I would add that  if even one of the UK providers opened this up, a lot of us watch users would move networks, I am sure. 

@arf007   Some UK providers do offer roaming for the watch.     EE also do not have to answer the question “why not”. It’s just they don’t at present and it’s that simple and they don’t have to give an explanation on why.   It’s simply not available.   

arf007
Explorer

I have checked Vodafone and 02 and neither do.  If there is another UK network that does, then please share, that’s great news.