cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch and roaming

Dingerdoidge1
Visitor

Do I need to pay for roaming on my Apple Watch 6 or does it share my phone roaming?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @Dingerdoidge1 ,

Welcome to the community,

There is no data for Apple Watch for roaming, you need to have your phone near you for the watch to work when roaming, as it uses the bluetooth to connect.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @Dingerdoidge1 ,

Welcome to the community,

There is no data for Apple Watch for roaming, you need to have your phone near you for the watch to work when roaming, as it uses the bluetooth to connect.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Why does roaming not work with Apple Watch Ultra? Apple’s website seems to suggest it requires the carrier to support VoLTE, and EE’s website seems to suggest it does. 

@StevenT   You can not roam with the Apple Watch.  While apples website says you can it also has to be supported by the network and as of yet it’s not supported.    EEs website says it does support it as that’s basically 4G and it’s not mentioning roaming. 

@StevenT , the Apple Watch will work abroad, so long as you have your mobile near so that it connects via bluetooth, just will not work on its own when abroad.

I think what you mean to say is that EE don’t do data roaming on the Apple Watch. It certainly is an option with other cellular providers and the watch is very capable of enabling roaming on the right networks, especially with the cellular models.

rysongs
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Can @EE please resolve this? 
We spent a lot of money on our cellular Apple Watches which so in fact now support roaming and it’s been a year already. 

We want to be able to roam with our Apple Watches, staying connected and reachable while leaving our iPhones behind  in the room while on holiday in Europe!

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @rysongs 

This isn't something that we currently offer for Apple Watch devices, the plan only works in the UK.

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this though.

Chris

Chris is there any update on when EE will be able to provide roaming?

It’s not really made clear anywhere pre-sale that this is functionality that EE is blocking, which doesn’t feel very fair for customers to first discover this when they’re on holiday, and then to have to delve into the forums for an answer.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I don't have any further information at the moment, @StevenT 

Chris