by
EE Community Support Team

Five things I love about the new Samsung Galaxy S10

After having the opportunity to spend a few days with the fantastic new Samsung Galaxy S10 I thought I’d share my top five features.

Infinity-O screen

Not only does the S10’s edge to edge 6.1” screen have an impressive 93.1% screen-to-body ratio, Samsung have chosen to go with a small punch-hole for the camera, rather than the more common notch design. This adds even more screen real estate. If this design feature isn’t for you, Samsung have you covered. You can actually hide it with a more traditional black bar via the display settings.

With HDR10+ support, this quad-HD OLED panel makes supported video content look amazing.

S10UHD.jpg4K UHD

The Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner which is built in to the screen is fast to unlock the phone and already feels natural to use, not to mention futuristic!

S10fingerprint.jpgUltrasonic Fingerprint

The camera

With its triple lens setup the camera offers great flexibility. From great panoramas with the ultra-wide lens, to more detailed shots with the telephoto lens. I was able to get some great results despite by below average photography skills!
I also found the live focus on the front camera made taking a quick selfie an absolute doddle.

PowerShare

This is a real game changer for me. As more and more devices incorporate wireless charging, being able to share power with friends or charge your smart watch and headphones when out and about is incredibly useful.

S10PowerShare.jpgPowerShare

It’s fast!

I’d already seen the impressive benchmark tests online but I was still blown away by how quickly apps launch compared to the S9, thanks to the 8GB of RAM. Even more demanding apps, such as games, loaded much quicker than on any phone I have used previously.

Storage

Although I tend to rely on the cloud for much of my storage, having a minimum of 128GB of storage on board (Plus support for up to 512GB Micro SD cards) means I won't have to worry about the dreaded storage full alert. Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.