cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung z fold 3 inner screen cracked

Mermaidsox
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all,. My fold 3 is around 5 months old now.  I was using it, closed it up, plugged it into the charger and and hour later removed it again. On opening the inner screen now has a black line down the crease and the right side of the touchscreen doesn't work. I can see. Faint crack down the centre.  Have any of you had the same problem?  Lots of stories online indicate its a common problem but more worryingly that samsung won't replace the screen under warranty even though it hasn't been dropped or abused. 

15 REPLIES 15
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mermaidsox

I'm sorry to hear that you have this problem with your phone. I'm not sure that a cracked screen would be covered under normal warranty. Do you have any extra insurance cover for your phone?

Chris

The phone has never been dropped/ abused. It is definitely a manufacturing fault as there are multiple posts online with the same issue on the fold and the flip. 

It shouldn't crack doing the very thing its meant to do. It was literally plugged in to the charger, removed from the charger, unfolded to use and the black line was there and the screen not functioning. 

Christopher_G

It may be worth speaking to our Technical Support team, or Samsung directly, @Mermaidsox to see if this can be looked into.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

toddmanb
Visitor

I am at 4 months with mine and i have exactly the same issue and i also googled it to see its a common problem that Samsung wont admit is a manufacturer fault. everyone seems to report that they call it physical damage, some people have it as little as a month. I cannot afford a new phone, regardless of the outcome i wont be using samsung again and ill tell everyone how bad this phone is.

Leanne_T

Morning @toddmanb

Thanks for coming here. 

Have you been in touch with Samsung? 

Leanne.

Mashman29
Investigator
Investigator

Hi I have had the same problem and it has nothing to do with the customer ... it's now a known manufacturing problem with the foldable technology. Both EE and Samsung wont do much about it which is wrong and a legal case is now being developed. I am about to speak next week with the media to raise awareness of my experience with EE so please get in touch is you have similar issues. Many thanks Mark

James_B

Hi @Mashman29,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you spoken to our technical support team? If you have, has your phone been sent to our or Samsung's repair centre for evaluation?

James

yes i have sent to the EE team who have said its customer abuse why a crack has developed which is 100% wrong. I run a large technology company (who also use EE...for now) and we always cover products that do not live up to the manufacturing benchmarks and standards. In this case Samsung do state the lifetime of the Screen is 200k folds. I have only had the phone since December and had maybe 20 max folds per day. As I said this is a product storm about to surface becuase of the manufacturing problems, i Just wish EE would acknowledge this and provide better customer support. 

Christopher_G

I've sent you a private message, @Mashman29 to get some more information from you.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris