cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone alarm going off an hour early!

RogueTrooper1
Investigator
Investigator

Regular alarm unchanged for 6am, has gone off at 5am Friday and Monday morning- i double checked and no alarm set for that time. On Monday i saw the clock time change from 6am to 5am just after it happened- so with the phone using the network for its time i can only deduce that EE have been changing the time- perhaps testing for daylight savings on the 26th? either that or i am loosing my sanity- but it cant be, because my wife's alarm did exactly the same thing this morning, her's was still on network time, i had changed my settings on the phone so it doesnt use it and my alarm was at true 6am.

Anyone else?

thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

deleted all alarms, set a new one and the test worked fine, i will let you know if the oddity occurs in the early hours again, to mine or my wife's phone- thanks for your support.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the EE Community @RogueTrooper1 🙂

What type of phone are you using?

James

thanks James,

A Sony Xperia model J8210 running android 11

James_B

Hi @RogueTrooper1,

Is it definitely the alarm sounding, rather than a notification of an upcoming alarm?

James

RogueTrooper1
Investigator
Investigator

hi, yes definitely the alarm.

cheers

James_B

Is your phone showing the correct time zone in settings @RogueTrooper1?

Have you tried cancelling all alarms and resetting them?

James

Time zone is showing the correct time zone (GMT+1 British summer time). When i turned off the automatic date and time after the alarm yesterday, i may have turned off the 'use network provided time zone' as well, i dont recall.

I will try cancelling the alarms, turning on the automatic date and time and time zone, and setting an alarm for shortly and test it....back soon! thx

bristolian
Legend
Legend

@RogueTrooper1 wrote:

i can only deduce that EE have been changing the time- perhaps testing for daylight savings on the 26th?

The bi-annual clock change has been reliably performed for many years by all the UK operators, if any testing were having these symptoms, it would generate significant publicity.

You need only look at the emergency cell-broadcast test for evidence of that.

deleted all alarms, set a new one and the test worked fine, i will let you know if the oddity occurs in the early hours again, to mine or my wife's phone- thanks for your support.

im sure, but that doesn't explain the events- if it was my phone only i'd put it down to the device but my wife's had the same last night.  cheers