cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A53 5G Constatly Freezes and Resets

Muher_1
Visitor

Had this phone going on 6 months now and it has started to freeze and crash out of nowhere.

I've been looking at what apps are running but today it has got to the point that it is literally crashing when I'm not even using it. It's 1118 and I have seen it crash on 4 occasions since 7 am this morning.

Has anyone else had issues with this handset and what are my options regarding warranty period?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

A factory reset with graduated restoration of user data, is the first option.

Otherwise https://ee.co.uk/local-repairs 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
bristolian
Legend
Legend

A factory reset with graduated restoration of user data, is the first option.

Otherwise https://ee.co.uk/local-repairs 

Mrpotter
Investigator
Investigator

Mine crashes atleast 4 times aday since new I got mine in December I guessed I had app issues but it happens on any app 

And the phone is always redhot

No that is not a solution  factory reset is a last resort if you suggesting that to begin with you know tech has no idea 

As mine did this from the first day I had it 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mrpotter,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Do you see the same issue if you restart your phone in safe mode?

James

Yeah same issues put all my apps to deep sleep aswell and only used 1 app at a time and completely closed everything and it still didn't resolve it.
Also set it up to auto restart when required same issues and on top of the normal freezing it then did it when I was asleep so made me miss alarms typical 24months won't come quick enough.

And thanks for the welcome
Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Did you try factory resetting your phone, @Mrpotter?

Have you spoken with our technical support team so they can run some diagnostics with you?

Chris

I have tried the factory reset twice same issues even increased the ram by using 6gb of storage made little difference to restarts but apps ran smoother

To be honest factory reset again is not what I want to do I use my phone for work as well it's already restarted 3 times today nightmare to say the least.
Thanks for you input

Sent from Outlook for Android<>