Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my phone faulty?

pointer772001
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I have an Oppo A54 5G and we recently had 500MB fibre broadband installed.

The router is achieving 500mb no problem and all my other devices (VR Headset, IPAD & my old Sony Ericsson phone) are all getting 500MB speed but my Opoo isn't, it only gets 300MB at best.

Is it just because its one of the cheaper phones, is it faulty or am I missing a setting or something? I've done the usual of restarting the phone, toggling WIFI on and off and also toggling Airplane mode but nothing works.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @pointer772001 

Welcome to the community.

Are you talking about download speeds? Is it the same app/service that you're using to test it?

Chris

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@pointer772001   Your internet speed is based on a wired connection to your router not a Wi-Fi connection. If you have other devices are getting that speed that’s great.   You might find your phone is connected to 2.4Mhz which has a further range than 5Mhz but it’s a slower Wi-Fi connection speed and under ideal conditions you can get around 450mg.  
Your other devices could just be on 5Mhz.   You can check this on the EE home app to see what connection type each device is getting. 

But what can you not do with 300meg that you think only 500meg is required ? The average uk internet speed is only 86meg and your smashing that with 300

Hi Chris,

Yes it is download speed and I used the same speed tester on every device.

Chris B,

According to the router device list it is connected to 5mhz, but I'll check this on the EE App. I just wondered if there was a reason why its only my phone which wont achieve 500MB (its what we are paying for at the end of the day)

Thanks both for your suggestions

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @pointer772001,

Your WiFi speeds will vary depending on the hardware specifications of each device.

James