I entered that but it didn't work.

What else can I do to unlock phone?

Please help someone!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Derpmochump
Investigator
Investigator

I am back just to post how no one gave the correct information and I found out the hard way.

The website where you post IMEI and get your unlock code is correct but it doesn't tell you how to use it, as it gives a long 16 digit code and just tell you that is the unlock code.

Terrible information for people that don't know. What it doesn't tell you is that only the first 8 digits is the NCK unlock code, the last 8 digits are the defreeze code for if you fail too many times to unlock.

That's literally all someone had to say, I did mention how I got the code and even posted it until some guy said I am not allowed to post it and told me to edit it before an admit did, when that information was pertinent and would've helped if someone could see I posted 1 long 16 digit code.

Very unhelpful!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Posting your IMEI & personal codes on a public internet forum isn't a wise idea.

I'd suggest editing those out ASAP unless the site admins beat you to it.

thanks bro

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Derpmochump 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

What happens when you enter the unlocking code? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you inserted the non-EE SIM in the phone? It should then ask for the unlock code.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

yeah I have o2 sim in, it brings up the unlock code box and I put in the code the automated EE unlock jobby gave me.

It says requesting to unlock, then after it fails.

it requests and fails, so can I just go to a physical EE store and ask them to get it unlocked for me or what?

Leanne_T

Hi @Derpmochump 

If the unlock code fails, please try restarting the phone and trying this again. If the same happens please call us and the team will get this looked into in more detail for you. 

Leanne.

yeah it fails again, how do I call EE without an EE sim?

Leanne_T

Hi @Derpmochump 

Please call us on 07953 966 150 from any other phone and the team will get this looked into for you. 

Leanne.