Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 6 Pro 5G unusable

NickRF1
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Had a Pixel 6 Pro for 5 months, 40gb data allowance. Encountered problem where no data is available on 5G, even though good signal, but phone will not automatically drop to 4G and there is no menu option to disable 5G. So have been having to go inside to find location where no 5G signal to use data! Hence have been using only 1-2gb per month. Numerous calls to EE, being told that just a temporary problem (even though been happening around several counties and London). Finally got the "ok, thinking of leaving" phone help to admit that Yes there is a problem with the Pixel 6 on EE 5G. There solution...access a hidden phone menu to switch of phones basic 5G function. No offer of refund, no offer to swap phone, or anything else, even though they are not providing a 5G service for my 5G contract. Others experienced this? Surely this is a breach of the phone contract, selling me a 5G phone that doesnt work correctly with 5G?

5 REPLIES 5
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @NickRF1,

I'm sorry to hear our Technical Support Team weren't able to resolve this issue when you called.

I'd recommend getting back in touch so a member of the team can make sure all all possible solutions have been attempted.

James

Phil_stubbs
Investigator
Investigator

I'm with you, Nick. I moved to EE two months ago (from Three) with the pixel 6 pro. Tbh I regret leaving Three, I didn't think I'd ever say that. It be the phone, it might be EE , but connectivity is appalling and the phone is prone to freezing for no reason. Disappointed all round and regretting my decision ☹️

Leanne_T

Hi @Phil_stubbs

Thanks for coming here. 

Have you reported the issues you are experiencing to our Tech Gurus by calling 150? 

Leanne.

Yeah. The solution seems to be restating every few hours, then it's stable for a while

Leanne_T

I see @Phil_stubbs

If this does get worse, please get back in touch with us by calling 150. 

Leanne.