cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE won't unlock phone

Luke79
Investigator
Investigator

Have tried again and again to get EE to unlock phone. The online form doesn't work and spent ages talking to customer service for them to say it will be done in less than 10 days. Been well over two weeks and still nothing.

How do I unlock the phone?

61 REPLIES 61
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Luke79  Where did you get the device from ?

Is it on contract or PAYG ?

How long have you had it for ? 

Hi @Chris_B ,

It's a S10+ monthly contract bought directly from EE. The contract expired a month ago.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Luke79,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Our Customer Care Team will be happy to check the status of your unlock request if you get in touch.

Thanks

James

Hi, @James_B ,

I already tried that. They said all they could was escalate it using a form and that it would take up to ten days.

It takes a long time on the phone to speak to someone only to be told all they can do is escalate the problem.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

When was this last escalated @Luke79?

James

Hi @James_B ,

This was last escalated on the 16th April but there were a few attempts before that to unlock the phone.

Hi @Luke79,

I would recommend contacting our Customer Care Team on Tuesday.

This will have allowed the 10 days to pass since the last escalation was requested and the team will be re open after the Bank Holiday weekend.

Alex 🙂

Hello gentlemen, which email to contact? I also couldn't unlock my phone for several attempts on the site.

thanks

regards 

Cristiano 

mail: xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.com

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @ciccristiano.

Welcome to the community.

Do you have an account with EE?

I'd recommend giving our Customer Care team a call so they can help you with this.

Jon