Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diverting calls to other mobile even when handset is switched off

Jank0x
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Good morning,

I'm planning to divert my calls from my main mobile number to my EE PAYG phone. However, as I'm planning to refresh my HONOR Magic4 Lite 5G which will of course mean my phone will be offline for some time. 

Are all calls diverted to another mobile even when the current device (HONOR Magic4 Lite 5G) in this case is turned off, or not connected to a cellular network?

This sounds like a strange question but I'm curious. 

Regards, 

Jack

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Jank0x , if you divert all calls to your other phone from your main phone, then it would make no difference, and all calls should be diverted, as that is what diverting all calls means.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Jank0x , if you divert all calls to your other phone from your main phone, then it would make no difference, and all calls should be diverted, as that is what diverting all calls means.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Jank0x
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thabk you for the information. Did have a feeling this was the case but wanted to confirm, it was a weird question to ask after all. 

I'll usually refresh my main devices atleast once a year to keep running in tip top shape (especially recently when my mobile upgraded from Android 11 to 13).

@Jank0x  You are welcome glad to help, but you should be able to set it to automatically update, or let you know when there are new updates.

Jank0x
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Yeah it skipped Android 12, this was out of my control and I do check for security patches once a month (sometimes earlier if there is a critical flaw).

As for diversions, i can manually turn this off after I've done what I wanted to do. 

@Jank0x , yes, you should be able to do this.

Jank0x
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I think if I remember when you go into phone settings and then call settings, it said it WAS reading the sim which makes me believe that all settings are saved to the sim itself. 

Basically I've just answered my own question. 😂

bristolian
Legend
Legend

There are two types of divert you can set.

1: An unconditional divert -"divert all calls", the unconditional is self-explanatory.

2: A conditional divert - "divert when unreachable", "divert when busy" etc - again, only divert if those conditions are met. Unreachable includes your phone being switched off or out of coverage.