Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto stopped working ?

Stulad
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Wonder if I can get any advice on an issue I have started to experience with Android Auto on my Samsung galaxy A52s.

Upto last week I have had no issues at all with AA on my current car and previous car. But from Wednesday it no longer connects.  The app Icon is no longer in my smartphone,  but is still in apps. When I have gone in to look at the set up all looks fine. But when I connect to my car infotainment system,  it initially connects then seconds later states it can't connect ?

I have contacted Volkswagen and they are looking into this via their app connect team , but feeling isn't a issue with the car.

Bluetooth working fine and phone connection is there as can make calls via Bluetooth and also play media , again via Bluetooth.  But AA...nothing !

I have Android version 12 and tried my wife's mobile ,which also has AA installed and that works great.  But she is using a Android version 9 smartphone???

I have read some information that states Google have done a Android 12 update this month and wonder if that's causing the issue ? As reports have said that Google removed the Android Auto for phone screens feature with Android 12.

Any advice would be appreciated or help as its driving me crazy and tried everything other than using my old phone again !

Many thanks 

ST

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Stulad   It might be worth checking VW forums about this as if it’s AA issue with android 12 you’ll find others on such forums.  You might find a fox posted

Just search your car then forums. Ie VW Golf Forum. 

Thanks Chris

Have done , cheers and doesn't seem to be a VW issue as replies back are stating there are issues with AA ,opposed to VW tech , and also have VW tech team at the dealership looking in to it.

I have been on Google Beta forum too and potentially there is an issue with AA after the recent Android updates in V12. 

https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/135116923

Wondered if there were any other EE users who have or seen issues since the V12 updates as seems strange that it worked fine last week then this week it doesn't?

As advised tested with my wife's phone and works fine,  so assume its either the App or the software in my Galaxy?

Thanks 👍 

Hi. I have a new s22 ultra and have just installed a new stereo in my car which supports android auto. I also cannot get anything to work through Android auto.  Phone connects through Bluetooth fine and audio from my phone works  but cannot use any android auto functions such as maps, waze , Spotify etc.