cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABSOLUTELY LIVID

KDW41
Explorer

I stupidly chose the z4 flip phone which has broken in less than 6 months. Never been dropped and always been in a good protection case. First the manufacturers screen protector cracked, stopping the touch from working properly,  It peeled off revealing creases in the screen so i contacted EE who sent a letter it was under warranty. in the mean time The hinge went. Couldn't open the phone past 90 degrees. Took it to a store who agreed it was a fault with the design. They were unable to give me a temporary phone so i am completely phone less. Just received an email from the repair team saying its not covered by the warranty because its damaged. Well yeah that is why ive bought it back!! They will not fix or replace it unless i pay £400!!! I have been with EE for over 15 years. Never made a warranty claim or missed a payment and this is how they treat their customers. The phone is completely spotless. Not a mark, sent or scratch on it. 
If you are up for contract renewal i would avoid EE like the plague as their customer care is appalling!!!!! I have 4 lines open with you and I will be taking my custom else where as well as contacting the Ombudsman. 

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

In order to pass an individual complaint to the Ombudsman, you need to have exhausted EE's internal complaints process first or be deadlocked after 8weeks.

Details are at https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/complaints-code-of-practice-june-2019.pdf 

Thank you for your reply. I am going through those steps atm.

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @KDW41 

You need then to clarify what them mean by "damaged" with evidence. The reason you took the phone in becase this hinge wasn't opening.  It is ether a defect/wear and tear or deliberate. Unless it's deliberate (which I would ask them to prove) then the device should be expected to last more than 6 months and given the issues you have already had would suggest you have a dodgy handset which needs replacing. 

I would ask for a quote depending on their reply and issue small claims court proceedings ( plus an extra £500 for loss of use/Stress and inconvenience) against EE and Samsung (1st and 2nd defendant), the ombudsman is a waste of time. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.