cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send text message - Error 0

BlueFish
Investigator
Investigator

I've been using Messages and sending and receiving texts fine, until today. Now when I try to send one I get the error message: Can't send message with EE - error 0.

I can't change the SMSC as that option is greyed out on my phone.

Is there another way I can change the SMSC, please?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That's the correct number.

Have you tried restarting your phone? And do you have signal bars showing, enabling you to make & receive calls?

View solution in original post

65 REPLIES 65
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @BlueFish 

Are you able to view the number that's saved within the SMSC menu - if so, what is it?

Thanks for your reply.

It's showing the number: 07958 879879 under SMSC number.

That's the correct number.

Have you tried restarting your phone? And do you have signal bars showing, enabling you to make & receive calls?

Yes, I've re-started my phone. Switched it off and then left it switched
off for 30 minutes and re-started it.

I've three bars showing and I've no problems making or receiving calls.

I've tried sending a text again, and it still is showing the same error.

It's working again now, thank you for your help.

For the last week now, i have been unable to send text messages from my Sg21 ultra.

I can receive them fine but not send them and when it does allow the message to go through, the recipients are telling me they never received the message at their end.

I now keep getting an an annoying message stating Error 0.

The SMSC number is greyed out in the message app settings and can't be changed, but i can see it's +447958879879

Which i believe is correct.

I've switch the phone off and on again, and cleared the app cache, all to no avail.

It's extremely annoying as i pay a lot of money each month for my contract with EE but can't get a satisfactory service.

Absolutely furious 🤬👎

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Toastrackman

Could you try sending a text to your own number please? Would be interesting to see if it goes through and is received.

Thanks

Chris

Not sure will help in your case, however I just had one person I couldn't text. I tried EE tech support however, although very helpful, they couldn't come up with a fix. Eventually found a post where someone solved the issue by deleting the person out of their contacts and re-added them back. Unbelievably it worked for me too, however I have no idea why!

This happened to me today. I discovered that after listening to the voicemail of a number not yet saved to my contacts, I inadvertently saved the voicemail number as this contacts number. I got this error when trying to text them as I was trying to text the voicemail number. Correcting that fixed the problem.