cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about moving to EE from Talk Talk and Sky

Prescol
Visitor

I had youview before from TalkTalk. Is it correct? You can still record Freeview channels as well as IP channels at the same time?. 

audio description, is it available on the IP channels?

I have a special offer with NOW TV, which ends in September, if I went out to  yourselves, would I still have to pay NOW TV until my special offer comes to an end , or would you sort it out?.

I have two Apple TVs, which works really good for Accessibility? Could I still use the Apple TV  box as well as the EE TV plus box for recordings? Because not everything is on catch up yet.  And NOW TV on demand doesn’t have audio description. 

can you control the TV plus box by the EE app? for example change channels, because I had to play around with the app last night,  it’s completely assessable on my iPad and iPhone.  it would be useful to use then the remote control as the TV box doesn’t have text to speech on the EPG.

thank you for your time, prescol

3 REPLIES 3
DarrenDev
EE Employee

@Prescol wrote:

I had youview before from TalkTalk. Is it correct? You can still record Freeview channels as well as IP channels at the same time?. 

Yes

audio description, is it available on the IP channels?

Yes

I have a special offer with NOW TV, which ends in September, if I went out to  yourselves, would I still have to pay NOW TV until my special offer comes to an end , or would you sort it out?.

When you switch to EE, the billing would switch to EE.  I don't believe the special offer price would carry through, and if you're tied to a contract, you may be required to pay an exit fee - I'm not totally sure on this.

I have two Apple TVs, which works really good for Accessibility? Could I still use the Apple TV  box as well as the EE TV plus box for recordings? Because not everything is on catch up yet.  And NOW TV on demand doesn’t have audio description. 

Apple TV boxes you already own would not be able to receive the full EE TV experience - you'll be restricted to just store and sport channels.  Only an Apple TV provided as part of an EE TV contract would get access to all Freeview and IP channels.  You cannot have an Apple TV and a TV Box Pro on the same contract - it's one or the other.

can you control the TV plus box by the EE app? for example change channels, because I had to play around with the app last night,  it’s completely assessable on my iPad and iPhone.  it would be useful to use then the remote control as the TV box doesn’t have text to speech on the EPG.

The mobile app cannot be used to control the TV Box Pro I'm afraid.  You can control the box using accessibility devices connected via USB though: https://support.youview.com/youview-box/accessibility/accessibility-features/

I wouldn’t till  ee sort out billing tv and apps as may not get what you pay for. 
I been waiting 5 weeks 

stereohaven
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Prescol 

Unless you absolutely must record an IP delivered stream, I wouldn’t touch EE TV with a barge pole if I was you. 

BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K