cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aerial / internet mode

bixieupnorth
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

hi, thinking of making the switch from BT. just a simple question?

i have seen posts about switching between internet mode and aerial mode.

i like to record stuff rather than stream as i find a lot of the things i watch on sport channels aren't on catch up.

can i record things both via the aerial and on now tv etc channels? another thread is making me think that i have to reboot each time i switch from one to the other?

currently i record via bt box for sports channels and my trusty humax for terrestrial channels. but i can record both varieties on the bt box if i choose. i aim to get rid of the humax if this can be done.

cheers

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bixieupnorth
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

hi, thinking of making the switch from BT. this has got me thinking tho? i like to record stuff rather than stream as i find a lot of the things i watch on sport channels aren't on catch up. can i record things both via the aerial and on now tv etc channels? this thread is making me think that i have to reboot each time i switch from one to the other?

currently i record via bt box for sports channels and my trusty humax for terrestrial channels. but i can record both varieties on the bt box if i choose. i aim to get rid of the humax if this can be done.

cheers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
bixieupnorth
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

hi, thinking of making the switch from BT. this has got me thinking tho? i like to record stuff rather than stream as i find a lot of the things i watch on sport channels aren't on catch up. can i record things both via the aerial and on now tv etc channels? this thread is making me think that i have to reboot each time i switch from one to the other?

cheers

When in Internet Mode, ALL channels are delivered via the Internet.

When in Aerial mode, the Freeview channels are delivered via the aerial and the subscription channels (including TNT Sports and Now TV) are delivered via the Internet.

All channels can be recorded in either mode, without needing to reboot.

bixieupnorth
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

ok thanks. thats reassuring. i'll be signing up on monday i think?

why are there two different modes then, just for people who don't have a TV aerial?

bixieupnorth
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

already answered on another thread thanks

Internet mode is for people who don't have an aerial (or not one where they want the TV Box), or who prefer the video quality (as it's higher in Internet mode for some channels than in aerial mode).

Also, only the TV Box Pro can accept an aerial input - the TV Box Mini and Apple TV only work in Internet mode.

bixieupnorth
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

thanks, it's the tv box pro that i'll be getting i think. as i said before quite a lot of the football things i watch don't seem to be regularly available on catch up services