cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subtitles on NOW app

FabCon12
Investigator
Investigator

Hello do we have any news on when subtitles is going to available for watching the NOW app via EE TV pro box? ( I currently have the BT TV pro box but I assume the issue remains on the new EE TV pro boxes)

All films and shows selected from there don't have the option to put subtitles on which results you having to put the volume blasting (even for people with no hearing problems). 
This could be easily sorted and it’s not exactly an unreasonable ask considering that we pay monthly for TV with Now being a big part of the Tv package …. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NickBS
EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Good news - subtitles are now available on the Now app on all EE TV boxes.

Let us know if you have any issues.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@FabCon12   Try asking Now TV it’s their app the app itself has nothing to do with EE . 

I am sure they will say it’s to do with EE and their box…

@FabCon12   The app has to be fully compatible for all features to work and it’s not EEs app.  

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @FabCon12 

Do you not see this option on your app?

20240310_093600.jpg

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Is that image from the Now app via EE TV Pro Box? 

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @FabCon12 

It's from the Now app as @Chris_B  mentions as I have the Now app. Subtitles are app activated.

Do you get that option. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I think we are looking at different things. I am using now app from the EE TV youview box. As you can see there is no subtitles option. 

image.jpg

@FabCon12   You need to contact Now TV about this.  It’s there app on EEs box and what features that app provides is down to be maker of that app not the supplier of the box.     Who would you contact about an 3rd party app issue on a phone the manufacturer of the device or the developer of the app ?  The manufacturer of a device doesn’t control how an 3rd party app functions on any device. 

DarrenDev
EE Employee

Now TV only offer subtitles in a format that the YouView platform doesn't support - thus not available on EE TV boxes.

Both YouView and Now TV are aware of the issue. Government legislation will eventually force one of them to fix it, but no one yet knows when.