cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem ordering EE TV (order wont go through on EE's end)

bellco83
Contributor
Contributor

Hi was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues when trying to add EE TV to subscription. (sorry will keep short as possible)

I recently phoned EE Customer service and added 'full works' TV package to my existing broadband subscription. I was told order was confirmed and will receive further comms over next 24 hours. I heard nothing so called back.  The next CS person told me there is no TV order on my account, so being the mug I am i ordered it again and the call handler confirmed the deal has gone through and once again further comms in 24 hours. Again 24 hours passed and no emails. 

This cycle has repeated itself three times now and every person I've spoken to from EE is adamant there is no faults on my account. I have submitted a complaint already but don't expect success with going down that road. Has anyone else experienced this issue and what resolved the issue?. TIA.

43 REPLIES 43

the current bt box can only record two programmes at once, so it's obviously not the same.

-SRB-
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

The BT Pro box does 4 recordings at once? (*If using "over the air" DTT rather than IP channels) Have't used the EE one, but as they are the same hardware, it'll be the same.

DarrenDev
EE Employee

The TV Box Pro (BT or EE branded) allows 2 recordings when in Internet mode, and 4 when in Aerial mode:

https://ee.co.uk/help/tv-sport/manage-use/modes

bixieupnorth
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I'm pretty sure it doesn't? I've had it for a while now and it only lets me record two. I've only ever used the aerial function. I'll pop down and try it!

PS I've just phoned and they can't do anything at the moment as the order is open until midnight (seems a recurring theme this open order thing?), but he said if i phone tomorrow they will sort it out and send me the box I desire! Watch this space!

The TV Box Pro is capable of recording 4 channels from the TV aerial, or 2 channels via IP, subject to an overall limit of 4.

When in aerial mode, the subscription channels are still delivered over IP - so if you're trying to record any subscription channels, you'll still be limited to recording 2 of them at the same time (plus an additional 2 aerial channels if you want).

Well that's news to me!! How do I know which mode I am in? I have an aerial plugged into it but mostly use it to record football on TNT or sky. Does this mean I'm in internet mode?

OK thanks. Well I never! I'll give it a go in a bit.

So the ee tv box pro is exactly the same just with a different shell? I thought it had better display capabilities?

My BT box pro definitely doesn't give as good a quality picture display as my TV when watching iplayer etc, and there doesn't ever seem to be UHD via the BT box, whereas the TV app version does. I had thought the ee box would have this facility? Or is it me (again)?

Go into the settings in iPlayer on the TV Box Pro - you can turn on UHD there.

It's also worth checking your display settings for the TV Box Pro, to make sure you're outputting in UHD - from the Cog in the top right corner of the home screen (when you press the Home button).

-SRB-
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes, those mentioned are ip delivered channels, so you would only be able to record two at anyone time. The one thing I honestly did miss when I gave up the box was the ability to record 4 DTT channels at once.

bixieupnorth
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Just tried. You're correct!! Four channels recording, two terrestrial and two TNT, amazing! How did I not know that?