cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem ordering EE TV (order wont go through on EE's end)

bellco83
Contributor
Contributor

Hi was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues when trying to add EE TV to subscription. (sorry will keep short as possible)

I recently phoned EE Customer service and added 'full works' TV package to my existing broadband subscription. I was told order was confirmed and will receive further comms over next 24 hours. I heard nothing so called back.  The next CS person told me there is no TV order on my account, so being the mug I am i ordered it again and the call handler confirmed the deal has gone through and once again further comms in 24 hours. Again 24 hours passed and no emails. 

This cycle has repeated itself three times now and every person I've spoken to from EE is adamant there is no faults on my account. I have submitted a complaint already but don't expect success with going down that road. Has anyone else experienced this issue and what resolved the issue?. TIA.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for update @DarrenDev .

In that case I'm just going to cancel the order tomorrow.  Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

I believe you have to order EE TV at the same time as ordering EE BB. EE TV is only available for new EE BB custs.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for highlighting. I am a new broadband customer and asked the CS advisor if I can still add the tv and they confirmed I could 

You said you 'added 'full works' TV package to my existing broadband'. That doesn't sound like a new EE BB cust.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Two days after I ordered my broadband I phoned and attempted to add a tv package onto the order. The CS advisor informed me he couldn't add the tv package on until after my broadband activation date because until then the broadband order was still open. But the EE advisor did confirm I would be able to purchase a TV deal once my broadband was live 

& has since been proved wrong? As I said "at the same time"!

That would make five different EE advisors are wrong then and their managers. Not outwith the realms of possibilities I suppose.

Not from what I've seen on here.

TV & Sport > Legal Stuff:

EE TV:

For new customers with EE broadband and existing customers who re-contract their broadband for 24 months.

You don't appear to fit into either category.

-SRB-
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@bellco83  How long ago did you become a new EE BB customer? If you are still within the "cooling off" period, phone and cancel the order, explain why you are doing so and see what they come back with.

The 5th April so just outwith cooling off period I believe.