cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not being able to record on minibox or watch recordings

DrPepper3
Explorer

We've just changed from Sky to EE. Upon setting TV up it looks like you can't record from a mini box but only from the main box, and if I'm right, what is more concerning is we can't watch our recordings on any other box other than the main one.  Is this correct? If we had another primary box, could we watch our recordings on that? 

I hope someone will clarify 

4 REPLIES 4
DarrenDev
EE Employee

Recordings can only be made and watched on the TV Box Pro. The TV Box Mini doesn't allow recording, and it's not possible to share recordings from the Pro box with any other device.

It's also not supported to have more than one recordable box, although it wouldn't be blocked if you chose to buy one from elsewhere.

Thanks for reply.  So to confirm, if I did buy a Pro Box from elsewhere, does it share recordings with the other Pro box? I expect that's a no👎 , in which case it looks like we will go back to Sky, which is a shame 🤔 

Correct - it doesn't share recordings with any other box. With most content now available on catch up, it's expected that recording will become less common.

martinappletre
Visitor

Hi Dr Pepper3,

I am in the same boat having moved across from Sky. I just assumed you could watch recordings on the mini box and also on apps on iPads etc. Absolutely amazed this is not possible. Sky is certainly more functional so that's why it costs more!!!