cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code IPC6023

dan06567
Visitor

I received the EE box pro on Tuesday 30th April and activation began on 1st April. I'm using Internet mode to watch HD channels. But it give  me error Error code IPC6023 for every channel. Can someone will help me?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DarrenDev
EE Employee

Unfortunately IP6023 is a complex issue that can have many different causes.

You'll get the fastest fix by calling the helpdesk: https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee/technical-support/ee-tv

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DarrenDev
EE Employee

Unfortunately IP6023 is a complex issue that can have many different causes.

You'll get the fastest fix by calling the helpdesk: https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee/technical-support/ee-tv

MikeB65
Investigator
Investigator

Just wondering how you got on? I moved from Sky to EE TV on 19th April. Already on BT broadband. Installed pro box. Everything worked except live tv. After a lengthy conversation and various processes was told TMC would have to contact me. They would call after 5-7  days. Waited 7 days. Nothing. Called and they contacted TMC (you cant speak to them. You have to wait for them to call) I was told I would have wait another 11 days! I did this. Nothing happened. Called again. Was told I would be called today. Its 6.30pm and Ive waited in all day (for the second time) and nothing. I have been on the phone for at least 4 hours trying to get it sorted. Their customer service whilst being friendly is useless. The treatment I have been given is a disgrace. My wife works from home and currently the broadband is stable (original BT hub). I wish we had paid the extra and stuck with SKY. If you are reading this and thinking of switching think twice. They promise the earth and dont deliver. 

I have the same problem, I've had the same engineer out 3 times to sort out the problem but it's not working, do you have any suggestions as to what I can do now? 

Thanks 

I was told that there was nothing an engineer could do and that the problem could only be fixed remotely by TMC. They finally called me over the weekend but the issue has not been fixed. I am currently waiting for another call. I dont think they know whats causing the problem. Keep complaining. Tell them to esculate to TMC if they havent already. Then be prepared for a long wait. A couple of weeks ago I was told there were only a handful in this office and that about 800 people were in front of me. Good luck.

DarrenDev
EE Employee

Sorry that you're having such a bad experience with this.  Most of the causes of IPC6023 are related to configuration - either with the Smart Hub*, the network, or your account.  It's rare that it would need an engineer visit to the home for this issue.

One other common cause that you can fix yourself is the hub being set to the wrong mode.  Check this video for instructions on how to toggle between them:

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/getting-set-up/how-to-set-up/bt-smart-hub-2/full-fibre-mode

If your hub is connected directly to your phone line (usually with a grey cable), you need to make sure Full Fibre mode is switched OFF.  If it's connected via a (usually red) cable to a white box that has its own power supply, then Full Fibre mode needs to be switched ON.

If that is set correctly, and the helpdesk suggests that an engineer needs to be sent out, please insist that the cause is raised with TMC.  They do have a backlog of up to 2 weeks, so I'm afraid you will need to be patient.  When the fault is resolved, you'll be refunded for all the time that you were without service (although remember that you can use the apps to access some of your subscription content).

In the meantime, I'll try to find out why engineers are being used as the first step, as it's such a waste of time.

* Note: if you're not using the BT or EE supplied Smart Hub, then try that before anything else.

I have just turned the TV and all channels now appear to be working. Clearly customer service/tech need to be properly briefed about this fault. I was told TMC had been imformed on 19th April. Nobody contacted me until 11th May. Nobody in customer service appeared be aware of others reporting the faullt. I had to be insistant that they spoke to TMC to get me a date that I could expect the live tv to work. If I had been told from the start that they were aware of the fault and I would have to wait 2 weeks (it took 3) I would not have been happy but I would not have had the aggravation of spending hours on the phone. As a new TV customer I am less than impressed with EE and have have little confidence in them.