Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EETV Mini boxes Apps Disney Prime etc

astableford
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I can’t see this detailed anywhere. Do the mini boxes allow other apps to be installed. E.g Disney, Netflix, prime, apple tv, YouTube? 
I understand I should be able to have these on the main box if opt for apple box. Or is the mini restricted to just the NOW app for regular live tv etc?

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21
DarrenDev
EE Employee

You can't install apps of your choice on the mini - it comes with apps already installed. There's no Disney+ or YouTube, but the others you mentioned are all there, plus many others.

Thanks for such a quick reply. 
That is a shame, as looking to move from sky. Sky have the common apps, Disney, prime and YouTube etc are all available on the minis in multi room setup. EE need these on the minis, in combo with the Apple TV as main box to compete with Sky. 
It would be better if the website was clearer about this when purchasing. I quote from the mini box text and l and bold this bit. It clearly isn’t ALL apps so a bit misleading!!

switch between free-to-air-channels (like BBC One and Channel 4) and all your TV apps, like Netflix, with a single remote

Thanks

They're are literally millions of apps out there - no device could ever have all apps on it.

When it says "all your TV apps" it means all the apps to be able to watch all content you can subscribe to through EE TV.

Plus more apps are coming on board all the time.

If you could match the Sky Q apps, just the big hitters like Disney, Prime and YouTube then it would be much more compelling to swap from Sky. My years old Now boxes had all these. Hope they are added to EE minis soon.

I would suggest your sales staff have some training too as they assured me multiple times this evening on the phone that all these were available on the minis. I suspected they weren’t which is why I’m checking here. Glad I did.
Thanks @DarrenDev 

We're still in our 14 day cooling off period with our new EE TV boxes and we've just discovered there's no Disney+ or YouTube app. If we know these are definitely coming to EE TV we will stick with it, if not we'll end up cancelling and going back to Sky Q. These two and Netflix are the main apps we use. Absolutely no point if we can't watch them on the main or mini boxes.

No guarantees can be made @almarsden and no timescales can be given.

This has happened to us told that absolutely it has YouTube Disney. To get the box and find out it doesn’t support to two biggest apps 😂 scammmmmmed or what man 

GosforthUK
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I do believe, as apps like:

YouTube

Disney+

Netflix

PrimeVideo

aren't such uncommon at UK space, to avoid them to have on flagship TV product for company like EE / BT.

It's just wrong sales/tech decision don't include some of them, nothing less @DarrenDev 

Of course we'd love all the major apps to be available on EE TV - there are technical and commercial factors involved with bringing any apps on board.