cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Busiest Home 1.6Gb with BT TV Package

connector99
Explorer

Just tried to order Busiest Home Broadband, with BT TV, but was told that the system cannot support ordering the two together - anyone else verify this? You can order Busiest Home as broadband only, or order BT TV and a lower broadband package but with no guarantee it can be upgraded in future. Anyone else had this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DarrenDev
EE Employee

That is correct I'm afraid - it's not currently possible to order TV on the 1.6Gbps package as they're on different systems that aren't currently compatible.  We're working on it - we hope to offer it later this year.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DarrenDev
EE Employee

That is correct I'm afraid - it's not currently possible to order TV on the 1.6Gbps package as they're on different systems that aren't currently compatible.  We're working on it - we hope to offer it later this year.

connector99
Explorer

Sounds like you launched the product too early. It's marketed literally for busiest homes, with families, kids etc, but you don't expect those families to need TV?! Seriously?

Those who want EE TV can take a lower speed for now.  Those who just want the fastest broadband can benefit from the new service for a few months.  Launching later would just have prevented those customers from benefiting for no reason.  🤷🏻

connector99
Explorer

That isn't true. I was told by EE that if I took a 900Mb service with TV now, there may not be a path to upgrade to 1.6Gb in the future, which sounds crazy, but that's what is being said.

Sorry that you've been misled - you will be able to upgrade at a later date.  We will have options for all account types from all previous services to update to the new services.

connector99
Explorer

Ok, without a estimated timescale, it's better to wait. Later Date could be tomorrow or next year.

Darren

I assume that you can still use the 1.6Gb package with SKY TV

I have not tested it yet though, as since my switch from SKY FTTP to your 1.6Gb on the 16th has resulted in no service so far

The swop to the 2.5Gb ONT has been a disaster putting it mildly