cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam text message re bill

Wellsie
Investigator
Investigator

Just had a text saying unable to process my bill I’m assuming it’s a scam  As bill already been taken!!! Not clicking on that link 

288 REPLIES 288

There is a text code 7726 you can forward the message on to report them for investigation as you can see above this is recommended by many people on here

Yes, go ahead and spread the word.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Don't worry - first thing I did was change password! Cheers.

Yes, I am afraid it did say not to share. But the guy had so confused me I forgot for a moment that 'OTP' meant the passcode. All I saw was a genuine bank text. Don't let them rush you - stop and think! Didn't know I could be so dim, but they time it for when you are likely to be busy or travelling.

No, what I did was go to EE website and then to EE community and put it out
there.
Max59
Visitor

EE:We were unable to process your latest bill. In order to avoid fees, update your billing information via: https://ee-update.ref0187.com/?ee=2

ive had this txt come today. 

It's a scam DON'T FOLLOW THE Link simply delete message and ignore

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Max59.

Thanks for coming to the community and letting us know. 

I would recommend reporting this by forwarding the text to 7726 then deleting this from your phone. 

Please also follow the advice from @Nonowt and do not click on the link provided. 

Katie 🙂

Soroka
Visitor

EE:We were unable to process your latest bill. In order to avoid fees, update your billing information via: https://ee-update.ref4012.com?ee=2

I received this yesterday. Did not reply.

@Soroka : It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Report it to EE by forwarding it to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

That domain, faked to look like EE, was only created 2 days ago in Malaysia.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)