Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotional team call - scam?

Annalynch
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, 

Today I received a call from a mobile number (07495947455) stating they were the promotions team for EE. 
They were trying to sort out an upgrade deal for me which was very good. They then began asking me for personal details which threw me as I assumed if they worked for EE they would already have all this information. 

I am very sceptical of accepting anything over the phone due to having experienced fraud before.

Does anyone know if this is a legitimate number? 
Thanks 

29 REPLIES 29
China369
Visitor

Just now have had a call from an Indian lady claiming to be from the promotional team , (02475426789)

she asked about lowering my monthly bills , by 45% then an early upgrade , I was then put on the phone to someone above her , a man ? He then asked for my bank details , for the direct debit , I then said you should have all the details already, and why haven’t you gone through some security with me , he started saying they had all my details there in front of me , then call went dead , this number doesn’t seem to ring either . 
definitely a scam . 

mysterymmaiden
Visitor

i had at least 5 calls within 30 minutes today from George and Michael and David all from EE promo team. they offered me an iphone 14 promax deal at just 30 pounds a month and wanted me to provide my detail which threw me. told them EE already had all my details. i then went to my EE page and there was no such promo. when they called again they called with a loyalty package of 10 pounds per month with unlimited calls, text and data. i challenged the caller and he said it was a loyalty package just for me. These are the numbers from which the various call came

and the last call was from 02033320073  to whom i made the mistake of giving my email address who wanted to confirm i had received the promo email. just told him i wasn't interested. i am curious to know if any of these numbers belong to EE

Lynn546
Visitor

I had similar from 02045716881  12/4/23

They didn't have my details.  Told me they had cancelled the existing dd and therefore needed to set up a new one for the lower amount and therefore wanted bank details.  When I explained how a dd worked the guy got really rude and told me I was about to be charged over £700 as a cancellation fee.

Thought I would let you know

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming here and flagging this with us @Lynn546

I'm sorry to hear the caller became rude. 

I would recommend if you are ever unsure on a call to contact our customer care team on 150 who will be able to answer any questions you may have. 

Katie

Doowopski
Visitor

Just received an identical 'promotion' call from 0208 0791418, offering 40: discount. Upon discussion with Michael about the authenticity of his call, he told me to **bleep** off. Can I assume that this is a scam!

James_B

Hi @Doowopski,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Yes, that wasn't a genuine call from EE.

James

Pthommo54321
Investigator
Investigator

I Got called yesterday, and I said I would Not  give my Details to a Company that I Didn't know. And they  Reeled of all of my details including sort code. Account number ETC ETC. The same company that contacted you.

I Don't know how these people Sleep at night. SCUMBAGS, Who are Morally Bankrupt.

Take Care, and Remember, if it's too Good to be true. It Will Be. By a SCUMBAG. Trying to Steal your Hard Earned Money. !!

Be Safe, and Well.

You can also Report it to Action Fraud. It's Run by City of London's Police. They Investigate EVERY COMPLAINT MADE TO THEM!!.

THE MORE PEOPLE COMPLAINING, MEANS THAT THEY GET SHUT DOWN QUICKLY 

TAKE CARE, AND BE SAFE!!

KBL2014
Visitor

promotions@salescurrysonline.co.uk 

I got an email then lots of calls from this number trying to upgrade me to iphone 15 for £35 per month unlimted everything. Is this a scam as they keep calling. I got talking for a while as thought it was legit... until they asked for birthdate and account numbers. Is this ee legitimate?

James_B

Hi @KBL2014,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

That isn't an email address used by EE or any of our direct partners.

James