cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message scam about rewards points from EE

Margih62
Investigator
Investigator

Hi is anyone else getting messages supposed to be from EE  saying they've got thousands of rewards points that's going to be  lost in 2 days if they dont  click on the link to spend them?

722 REPLIES 722
C-jennings
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well folks I received another one this morning they are definitely persistent so again I've reported the number to 7726 and blocked it on my mobile. It's just annoying how persistent they are.

1000016267.png

 I've removed the link for safety reasons. 

I got this text from EE not sure if the link is a scam thought I'd check before clicking. Came from mobile number +44 7561 646148

EE points program reminds you:

Since you are a high-quality user of our company, we will give you some points as a gift. The points will expire in three working days. Please click on the link below to use your points to redeem prizes in time!

[link removed for safety reasons]

(Click the link now or copy and open in Google.)

EE wishes you a good trip!

Antoninus
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all, this text scam comes not only in an EEtext style but links to a page identical to EE online. 

To date I have never been scammed or Phished so at least I know the anger and pain. I was totally fooled, gave my bank card number to redeem my gift and knew it was a scam when I recieved a further text thanking me for signing up fir ApplePay. I have no Apple product.

EE did send me a text this morning, then this one followed not long after.

Called my bank, now gping to call EE.

EE points program reminds you:

Since you are a high-quality user of our company, we will give you some points as a gift. The points will expire in three working days. Please click on the link below to use your points to redeem prizes in time!

Link removed.

(Click the link now or copy and open in Google.)

EE wishes you a good trip!

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community, @Antoninus 

I'm sorry to hear that you have fallen victim to this. I'm glad you've phoned the bank to let them know and would recommend changing any passwords, if you entered any.

Thank you for reporting this to us.

Chris

C-jennings
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I'm sorry this has happened to you and yes definitely contact the bank and EE and change any relevant passwords.

You're not alone unfortunately these scams catch a lot of people out even the most switched on people as they are so convincing so don't blame yourself you did the correct thing right away as soon as you realise something wasn't right and contacted your bank. 

No one should blame themselves or beat themselves up when this happens as scams nowadays are more technical and look so convincing it could happen to anyone. 

Absolute vermin they are, stay safe 👍

A PYNAERT
Harley12345
Explorer

Yes got my second message today but did not fall for it this time. Just to let you know that I had my partners email address as recovery for mine and although I cancelled my credit card the scum got my partner details and tried to scam him too.so be aware if you are a additional card holder best to cancel all cards.

It's so disgusting what these vermin do, glad U canceled your cards in
time, stay safe

A PYNAERT
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Shadow84 

That isn't a genuine message from EE, please don't click any links in the message.

Please forward the scam text message to 7726. Our Online Security: Avoid and Prevent Scams | EE Help page has information on reporting any scams to our security team.

Leanne.

It's definitely a scam block it and report it. Stay safe 👍

A PYNAERT