cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent activity on my personal bank account, claiming to be EE .

Doreen143
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

On the 8th or 9th of December I received a text message claiming to be from my personal bank. Saying fraudulent activity had taken place  fromm EE top up.  And  next text said your going to received and phone call from my personal bank. I called EE told them , said definitely not them don't open anything.  Then I phone my personal bank no not them, told don't open anything .then I get a call from a number that I debt the community page. Obviously I screen shot and blocked.  Now fast forward to yesterday 14th of December check my bank EE top up £15 stolen from my personal bank. I then had any look And yes another £39.99  PureGym Limited, call my bank was the she person who Top up the EE top up card.This is so stressful I've had to destroyed my bank cards right on topof Christmas  had to cancel everything on my computer and mobiles that I use money transactions.  

I came to EE because I'd been scammed..now I'm not saying its EE them self  but I've done everything I possibly can, obviously the bank will give me back my money but I feel violated  . Please everyone be careful if this helps one person.  Doreen 

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Doreen143

I'm sorry to hear that you've had this problem. You've done the right thing in speaking to your bank. Hopefully they've taken the steps to stop this from happening again. 

Chris

I need to talk with someone about fraudulent activity. I'm not happy 

Leanne_T

Hi @Doreen143

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Has there been another top up from your bank account since you last posted?

If so, have you spoken to your bank to get this resolved? 

Leanne.

Doreen143
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi sorry not been on line, two activities, EE to up and my bank look into it and the second one was a payment to a gym. When the bank looked into it they said it was the same person.  Can't get my head around it all. Thank you 

Leanne_T

Hi @Doreen143

I am very sorry to hear this has happened. 

Have you changed all your passwords for any online accounts you may have? 

Has the bank issued you new bank cards and refunded you for these payments? 

Leanne.