cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flubot Scam

IaMa
Visitor

Despite EE not having any warnings on their homepage like other providers it seems we are now getting attacked by the Flubot scam. If you are on Android then delete texts that come from DHL who suggest they have a delivery for you and tempt you to download tracking app which is infact malware. I don’t think IOS users are effected.

7 REPLIES 7
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

EE tweeter about it.

It's all over the internet.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Lama.

Welcome to the community.

This malware is being spread by SMS/text messages, which fraudulently claim to be from a delivery company and provide a link to track your order. 

With the FluBot malware, if you have an Android phone and click on this URL, it will then take you through a series of further steps to download an app and grant third party permissions on your device. 

We are not able to check to confirm whether your device is infected, but if you have gone through that whole process it is likely that your phone is infected with this malware. 

If you think you have downloaded this malware, we recommend you follow the recommendations from the UK National Cyber Security Centre: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/guidance/flubot-guidance-for-text-message-scam.

Jon

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@IaMa   There are loads of scam messages the rounds it’s nothing new.  And any text requesting you to download an app should be the give away its a scam and should be forwarded to 7726 and then the number and then delete the text message in question.   

You need to allow the application to install which by default is deactivated on Android. 

There is also the same message text from Hermes

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Not noticed anything on the Net w/out proactively searching for it but have been informed by BBC TV Text. It's a typical scamming text attempt about a delivery you are not expecting. There are plenty of opportunities to back out of it as it asks for various confirmations.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

One of my Son's had a Text that looked as though it was from Royal Mail, they claim they needed 1.99p of you to redeliver your Parcel.

I was suspicious of the link, so I copied and opened it on a Safe Laptop, it redirected me to a Royal Mail Website, which although fake, did look very convincing, asking for this and that, can't say for sure whether it attempted to install anything on a Mobile as I was on a Safe PC  but there was no mention of downloading APKs or Apps, 

@EssexBoyEE   The Royal Mail one wanted you to make a payment to “supposedly receive“ the item.