cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam calls since transferring from sky to ee

janetproctor1
Visitor

Since moving from Sky to EE we are being inundated by scam/trash phone calls. Is there the facility to vet calls before they get through to us like we had with Sky

7 REPLIES 7
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Callers have no way of knowing which network you're on.

@bristolian : This is BB!

Does Digital Home Phone offer the equivalent of BT Call Protect (1572) ?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

It doesn’t look like it does, see digital-home-phone-features 

Andy_65
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi @janetproctor1 

What you need is a handset such as the BT4600, it effectively does the same as the white list blocking offered by Sky.  Only numbers stored in the handset can get through, others get a recorded message allowing them to identify themselves if they wish then you'd have the option to accept the call or reject. 

If you're on Digital Voice you can plug the BT4600 into the back of the hub, BT have Call Protect with DV but that's really about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

@Storm500 : But look here : Call Protect . It is not clear to me whether this is a feature of Digital Home Phone overall or a feature of the DECT(extension) handsets provided optionally by EE for Digital Home Phone as it talks about navigating menus & tabs on the handset itself, which you wouldn't be able to do on your own DECT cordless system.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Andy_65
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@XRaySpeX  Reading that, it looks to be same as BT DV, and why wouldn't it be, which is blacklisting after a number has called or is calling. The advantage of the system offered by Sky was that you enter your favoured numbers online and everything else gets blocked. With the amount of spoofing the BT/EE method is next to useless, I know as I've had DV for over 4 years.

Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@XRaySpeX  It’s part of Digital Voice and doesn’t need the DV handset. But as @Andy_65  has said the best way to stop spam calls is with “handset such as the BT4600” which uses the contacts saved as a white list and these calls are allowed through and all other calls have to announce them selves, automated diallers don’t do so they never get through.