cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No caller id on homephone extension

csyrad
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi, since going onto the new digital home phone (which goes into the back of the router) my extension upstairs doesn't show any caller id which isn't very good as we get lots of scam calls. The phone downstairs which is plugged into the back of the router does still show who's calling. Oh I have also forgotten to mention that the extension upstairs is plugged into a EE adapter. Is there anyway around this and getting the id back?

Thanks 

Chris.

22 REPLIES 22
Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Can you switch the actual phones over to check if the original upstairs phone moved downstairs then displays the caller ID? And does the one moved upstairs still display caller ID?

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Is the phone plugged into the router a base station & the phone upstairs a cordless extension to it?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@XRaySpeX  @csyrad @said “the extension upstairs is plugged into a EE adapter” so it’s 2 separate corded phones.

@Storm500 : Just checking 🙂 ! He did say it was an "extension". 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
csyrad
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes, 2 separate corded phones.

Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Have you swapped the phones over to see what happens on each one?

csyrad
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

No, have to go to work now but will try tomorrow as I'll let you know.

csyrad
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

OK, so I've just swapped phones over and the same thing happens,  the downstairs phone which still gets caller id just had call come up when I rang and the one from upstairs had caller id when I plugged it in downstairs. 

Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@csyrad  Just to confirm that both phones have Caller ID downstairs but both phones do not have Caller ID upstairs? Do both phones ring downstairs and upstairs?

You could try unpairing the EE adaptor from the router and then pair it to the router and try the phones again.