cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now been put to digital voice & answering machine not working

Sue522
Visitor

Our BT broadband & phone package needed to be renewed. We were happy with what we had and rather than go to a new provider & the bother of changing all our wifi details, wanted to stay with BT. Well they said they could do the same package but it would now be EE with digital voice. All fitted & just got a message saying it's all up and running. Engineer came in, did something to the router and a new extension box they sent us and said it will all work fine. Except now, the landline answering machine does not work, when the phone rings, the caller gets a message saying going to voicemail, the answering machine message plays in the home (but not to the caller). I cannot find where this mysterious voicemail is and the answering machine doesn't work. We have a lot of calls from overseas relatives and so want the answering machine to work. Can anyone help please,

2 REPLIES 2
Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

See https://ee.co.uk/help/home-phone/manage-use/digital-home-phone-features 

One of the free features is Voicemail. You need to phone 1571 to hear your messages and change setting.

carolinetm
Visitor

I have the same problem but worse because when I dial 1571 nothing happens. I have called BT/EE or whoever they are four or five times about this without success. In the meantime there are messages stacking up which I can't access. I wish I had never made this change but it's too late now. I guess what they want is for me to give up and just use a mobile. I hear that the Citizens Advice Bureau has had so many inquiries from older people without broadband who are being told they will no longer have a landline that they are flagging it as an area of concern.