cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE FTTP IPv6 - With Third Party Router

CCLNOID
Visitor

Hello

I have a FortiGate firewall supplied by my employer for home working, in December 2023 I had FTTP installed new and signed up to the 900Mbps package from EE as  don't have faster than 1Gb ports on the firewall. I set up PPPOE using the bthomehub@btbroadband.com username with no password and get an IPv4 address back no issues at all. I turned on the IPv6 functionality on the firewall and set the IPv6 to get an IP via DHCP or PPPOE but I don't get an IPv6 IP back at all from either of these, does anyone know what IP discovery mechanism is in place with new EE FTTP installs or if I need to request IPv6 is enabled for my line via support? I have options for DHCPv6 Delegation and hint prefix lengths, reading elsewhere EE only give out /64, but as stated I am only seeing link local IPv6 addresses on my interface, which I am assuming EE haven't given me

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ErMejoo
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there,

Did you find a solution to this?

I was just activated with FTTP 1.6Gbps and vs. the various confirmations on this forum, my UDM SE gateway isn't picking up an IPv6 address nor with a DHCPv6 /56 nor /64. Worth mentioning the gateway confirms ISP is BT here, to some posts mentioning the latest activations would utilize a BT infrastructure and therefore benefit from IPv6 BT enabled back in 2016/2017.

Thanks in advance to anyone that might be able to shed some light!

miggle
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

IPV6 is not a feature currently, as far as I'm aware.

Full Fibre Busiest Home Bundle 1.6Gb.
ErMejoo
Investigator
Investigator

Good news, the feature is available.

Some threads mention this is only for "new activations", I cannot comment further on this as I have just activated a 1.6Gbps FTTP.

For those with UDM SE/PRO who want to test, you activate IPv6 in Network > Default > IPv6 tab (might appear only in early access versions) > choose "Interface Type": Prefix Delegation and Advanced: "Auto". After a few seconds the gateway IP/Subnet appeared for me (/64) and my devices now score 10/10 on https://test-ipv6.com/ and 17/20 (due to filtered ICMP from my end) upon https://ipv6-test.com with Native IPv6. A speed test confirmed achieving the 1.6Gbps speed offered without a glimpse, nice 😊