cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message scam about rewards points from EE

Margih62
Investigator
Investigator

Hi is anyone else getting messages supposed to be from EE  saying they've got thousands of rewards points that's going to be  lost in 2 days if they dont  click on the link to spend them?

718 REPLIES 718
Kat84uk
Visitor

1000017221.jpg

 I've just received this text. I just double checking my suspicions is correct. Is this a scam like I think it is.

@Kat84uk : It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Report spam texts to your network provider by forwarding the text to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Steviewizkid
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes its a scam please don't click on the links and don't enter any of your details on it if you have inform your bank straight away.

Rachael70
Explorer

Luckily my bank declined the 10p payment, so maybe they are aware now? 

Screenshot_20240328_141318_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg

@Leanne_T wrote:

Hi @avakinsiku 

Thanks for coming here. 

Could you provide a screenshot of the message please? 

I will certainly check this for you. 

Leanne. 

Screenshot_20240328_141318_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @EDUARD6 

Welcome to the EE Community.

That isn't a genuine EE website, please forward the message to 7726. 

If you have shared your card details, please contact your bank as soon as possible to report it.

Leanne.

James_B

Hi @EDUARD6,

That isn't a genuine message from EE.

Please forward the message to 7726 to report it.

Thanks

James

James_B

Hi @Rachael70,

Even if the payment was declined, I'd still recommend contacting your banks fraud department to be safe.

James

les2391
Visitor

I recently upgraded, today, I received a message that I have been awarded points for being a big user, I am with ee for tv, wifi, mobile and home phone, so I got sucked in, I applied for my gift and filled in all my credit card details, then my bank wanted to send me a confirmation code, which was when I decided, this is not 100%, even though I had checked out the message details, I didnt use the confirmation code, I went back to the message and now I saw this = THIS NUMBER IS NOT VERIFIED, BLOCK IT. I then rang my bank, cancelled the card and ordered a new one.  That was a close call.