cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward mobile email

Wag_wan
Visitor

Hi, I've had an email from Reward mobile saying:

"Thanks for using our upgrade checker, unfortunately you aren’t eligible just yet. But we can let you know you’ll be eligible on 11/12/2021. 

Thanks, 

The Reward Mobile Team"

However, this was for the second number I have on my plan which is my partners phone and neither of us checked this to initiate this email and I have checked to see that they are a partner of EE. So I'm just worried that either this is a scam email or someone has got our details and tried to get a new handset. Especially because on checking the upgrade info on the EE app that this indeed the date that the phone is due for an upgrade. Anyone else heard of anything like this or have more info on this?

3 REPLIES 3
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Wag_wan.

Welcome to the community.

If you suspect this might be a scam email, I'd recommend ignoring it and deleting it.

If you're worried about one of your phone lines, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care team so they can check your account and make sure there hasn't been any activity.

Jon

MCatPreston
Visitor

I have also been contacted by these people, they are based in Burnley. they have my contract end date, mobile number and name and have called me every day for the past 2 weeks. I blocked one number then another one would ring. Yesterday received an email from let which I have now challenged asking for all call, emails and documentation relating to my alleged previous dealings with them as believe this is a data protection violation and goes against the current GDPR rules. I think they have either bought the data or stolen it. Strangely she replied and said I have asked our customer service team to send this you you. Lets see shall we!!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MCatPreston

You can find a list of our indirect partners and numbers here. 

If this company is not listed can you report the call to EE, just text 'call' to 7726 followed by a space, then the number that called you, we use the data collected to help protect all of our customers.

You can also forward the email to phishing@ee.co.uk, and our security team can get this looked into.

Visit our Spam and phishing article to find out how to stay safe. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.