cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When switching to eSIM I never received the activation code

Zeljko1
Investigator
Investigator

I tried switching my SIM to an eSIM a couple of days ago, I ordered it via the EE website and all was fine. I followed the instructions and at one point it said that I would receive an activation code (PIN) on my old (physical) SIM card, but it never arrived. 

The problem is that my physical SIM got deactivated, without the eSIM being activated. So, in essence, I do not have a SIM card currently nor a way to activate it. 

5 REPLIES 5
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Zeljko1

Welcome to the community. 

Are you able to try logging in to your EE account online rather than the app to see if you can request an activation code or complete eSIM set up?

Katie

Zeljko1
Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Katie_B 

I can do that, but it does not help as clicking on activate my eSIM only brings me back to the screen that asks for the activation code that will be sent to my SIM - which has been disabled/deactivated by EE.

Katie_B

Of course, my apologies I didn't think about the part of your current SIM being deactivated @Zeljko1

Do you have a local EE Store near?

Katie

I'm in the US currently, so no local EE stores nearby. And I would really need my number back, as I'm locked out of quite a few of my accounts and no one can reach me.

Katie_B

Hi @Zeljko1

I understand, this could by the cause behind the SIM not activating.

We recommend being in the UK on the EE network when activating a SIM/eSIM. 

The steps now would be to order a replacement SIM which would go to your UK address.

Katie