cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from BT to EE and keeping number

markpeelg
Investigator
Investigator

Hello. I am switching from BT to EE and BT texted me to say that they would be "using this PAC code [code] so you can keep the same number". My question is: do I need to do anything to initiate this process of keeping my number, or is it just happening? I tried to fill in the online EE form about keeping the number but the PAC code that BT gave me wasn't accepted, so I am a bit confused. Thanks for any help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @markpeelg 

Thanks for coming back to us 🙂

Once the SIM card is inserted and registers on the network, if this is before 5:30pm the number transfer should complete the next working day for you. If this is after 5:30pm, the transfer will take two working days 🙂

Leanne.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Christopher_G

Hi @markpeelg 

Welcome to the community.

It sounds like it's already being set up for you. You would get that error with the PAC if it has already been processed. Have you received your new EE equipment?

Chris

markpeelg
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for replying, Chris. Yes, I think that's right. I haven't received the other equipment yet, but I have received and inserted the new sim. A number of posts on other boards suggest that the BT to EE transition with your existing number is done in the background, so to speak, without the customer needing to initiate it.

Leanne_T

Hi @markpeelg 

Thanks for coming back to us 🙂

Once the SIM card is inserted and registers on the network, if this is before 5:30pm the number transfer should complete the next working day for you. If this is after 5:30pm, the transfer will take two working days 🙂

Leanne.

markpeelg
Investigator
Investigator

Many thanks for this information, Leanne, and thank you for replying.

Leanne_T

No problem at all @markpeelg 

Let me know how the transfer goes and if you need help with anything else 🙂

Leanne.

markpeelg
Investigator
Investigator

Hello again. The transfer was completed at 09:30am on the business day after I activated the sim, so exactly as you and Christopher_G said!

Leanne_T

Brilliant news @markpeelg 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know. 

Have a great weekend 🙂

Leanne.