cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SIM card not working

noreplyfromee
Investigator
Investigator

I'm having the same issue, but how can you contact EE without a SIM card?

I had to make a trip to one of your stores so that I could make the call and was told that the SIM would be activated today. It's been over 24 hours and the SIM is still not working. What do I need to do to have my SIM card activated??

15 REPLIES 15
noreplyfromee
Investigator
Investigator

I need help with my replacement SIM card that is not working.

I went to the store yesterday to have my SIM activated and was told that it would be activated by today. It's been over 24 hours now and the SIM is still not working. I have to make another trip to the store which is far from where I live as I cannot use my phone to contact EE without a SIM.

What do I need to do to have the SIM activated? And oh what do I need to do to get a reply from EE? I have  sent messages on the online form but no one even got back to me! 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @noreplyfromee,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Is it a brand new SIM or a replacement?

When was it registered?

James

Hi James,

It's a replacement SIM that was registered on 6th November. It's been almost 10 days and I really need to be able to use my phone. How can this take so long?

James_B

Hi @noreplyfromee,

It sounds like the SIM may be faulty if it hasn't activated after such a length of time.

Are you able to pick a new one up at your local EE store?

James

I have to go to the store in any case to contact EE as I cannot use my phone to call them. 

How long will it take to have the new one activated?

Also, meanwhile do you know whether I can have a replacement phone and number so that I can at least make calls with a temporary number whilst I'm waiting? 

James_B

Hi @noreplyfromee,

SIM activations can take up to 24 hours but in my experience they are usually ready to use very quickly.

Any replacement SIM and phone would take the same amount of time to activate.

James

Surely EE can provide a pay as you  go phone or something that is working whilst they are looking into the issue? I really cannot wait another 24 hours

James_B

Hi @noreplyfromee,

Sorry, all new SIM cards have the same activation timescales, including pay as you go.

James

How soon can I transfer to another provider please?

I have just found that with Three it should only take about 2 hours to activate a SIM, so I don't have to wait any longer