cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: REPLACEMENT SIM: NO SERVICE EXCEPT 4G?

KramEkosum
Investigator
Investigator

Dear James,

Have a similar story as my phone has been stolen. Am very disappointed by my lack of service from EE this weekend and today. Have been waiting more than two days for SIM to be activated... Was given a new SIM card in my hand on Saturday. Rang up EE earlier today from work as still no mobile phone signal. Staff were kind and polite but seemed to be shockingly ignorant. What is the point of calling EE? They offered to ring me back at home in the evening but due to industrial action we are very busy. I did not get home in time...

Why have they not activated the SIM by now? This feels utterly fraudulent behaviour. What do I actually do now with no phone signal, no access to apps (apart from some of Meta) therefore no way to even access internet away from home?

4 REPLIES 4
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @KramEkosum 

I am very sorry to hear the SIM card has not been activated for you.

Did you visit an EE Store for the replacement SIM card? 

Is the device you are using unlocked or an EE device? 

Leanne 🙂

KramEkosum
Investigator
Investigator

Hello Leanne. Thank you for getting back to me. This is a new EE SIM in a new device; I got them both from the local EE store. They assured me that it would take around 24 hours for the SIM to be activated. This is now entering day 4 and still waiting for a phone signal. I asked them to sort it out yesterday but still no luck...

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

I am sorry to hear this @KramEkosum 

What did the team advise when you last spoke to them? 

Leanne.

KramEkosum
Investigator
Investigator

I ended up going into the EE Store in Portsmouth and getting a brand new SIM face-to-face. That was the advice and they activated the phone immediately in store. It was impossible to get the eSIM working so this was the last resort. Fortunately, I was able to recover some of my old data that had been backed up. However, the long time off network led to some serious difficulties and a little friction at work.