cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REPLACEMENT SIM: NO SERVICE EXCEPT 4G?

Nur1994
Explorer

Hi, 

I upgraded a phone in Jan, it was stolen, alongside my SIM card. After a lol of faff, I finally was able to get the number suspended and then a new SIM was given to me in store. I bought a new unlocked phone from elsewhere and put the sim in it. 

EE shows up as the network carrier. It also is a REPLACEMENT Sim  (same number as the stolen SIM) and everything says (including the packaging) that the SIM should work immediately. However, no texts and no calls are able to be made or received. 

It is a 5G phone and I am only getting 4G however. Everything I need (apps etc.) wants to send me a text, which I can't receive. I can't even log into the EE app because it wants to send me a one time passcode via text. I am reaching the end of my rope here. Whenever I try to make calls, it says I cannot make any outgoing calls, and the number is suspended and to press '1' to speak to the team. Naturally, the offices are closed. I am desperate! I don't have another phone to use nor anyone else in the vicinity to help. 

Please help!!! anyone else had this issue? What is happening? 

Thanks, 

Nur 

2 REPLIES 2
Nur1994
Explorer

I am getting data on my replacement sim but no calls or texts.... it is also not showing up on my EE account when I log in online. How did this get resolved please?!!!! 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Nur1994,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry top hear your phone was stolen.

Did you speak to our lost and stolen team yourself? The usual process is the team would place a bar on your account to stop any unauthorised usage and then send a preactivated replacement SIM card to your home address.

James