cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to contact ee by email

MornaSimpson
Explorer

My phone seems to have become disconnected from my SIM and I am unable to make network calls. When I check Mobile DATA I am connected to EE, but under network I seem to be connected to O2. This means that I cannot call you for help. Can you call me? 

10 REPLIES 10
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @MornaSimpson

Are you able to manually connect to the EE network?

Have you recently ported your number O2?

Katie

MornaSimpson
Explorer

How would I do that? I don't know what you mean about manually porting my number to O2. 

I did have an eSIM in India - but it did not work well. I think it may be that the eSIM overwrote my physical SIM. I'd like to reset the network connections without havign to reset the phone and lose all of my apps as I need them for security (access work and banks etc)

My Mobile Plan Label says Network Selection EE WifiCalling (seems strange that it does not say EE Network)

My Other Label says Network Selection 02 - UK (My broadband is with Sky and I believe O2 was bought over by Sky?)

It seems like I am unable to use EE network to make a call - so I am only able to call from home via wifi when there is network. I cannot make calls outside the home. 

If you had an email I could send you screenshots. I think that would be much easier - than trying to explain things by text.

What should the phone say under General> Settings > SIMs?

At the moment...

My Mobile Plan Label says Network Selection EE WifiCalling (seems strange that it does not say EE Network)

My Other Label says Network Selection 02 - UK (My broadband is with Sky and I believe O2 was bought over by Sky?)

I would have expected to see Mobile Network under one of these. So I **** think 02 might be the defunkt eSIM from India. 

If that is the case how do I get my Mobile Network reconnected to my SIM?

MornaSimpson
Explorer

I don't know what you mean by "manually connect to the EE network". 

Under General> Settings > SIM's 

My Other Label says Network Selection 02 - UK (My broadband is with Sky and I believe O2 was bought over by Sky? Otherwise this may be that the eSIM I purchased in India has overwritten EE Network settings?)

Its pretty useless that you don't accept emails. This would be far easier to sort out if you did.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

More questions than answers here! You can also attach screenshots to this forum if it would help.

Can you post a picture/screenshot of these "labels" that refer to O2 & EE? Are you an O2 or EE customer for mobile telephony? And the same question for your home broadband.

Can you tell me if I have an eSIM or a physical SIM? I'm with EE in the UK and part of the set up involved getting a new SIM card. 

If I post screenshots of my personal number here it is a security risk. 

I am an EE customer for Telephony.

If I post screenshots of my mobile number and IMEAs etc it is a security risk. That is why it would be better to get an email for technical support from EE.  

I am with SKY broadband