PAC confusion

ianground
Investigator
Investigator

I have two numbers on a O2 Business Account. I am trying to port them both as additional lines on an existing EE account. O2 say I only need one PAC number to give to EE for the port for both lines. But the EE agent insists that they have to be unique numbers so. two different PACs.  Offcom advice appears to be that one PAC may be used for multiple numbers. The text to switch service in order to get  a PAC from O2 doesent work because it says that they are multiple numbers on the account and that I have to contact them, When I do they just issue the same PAC for both numbers which EE likely wont accept. Is this just a poor EE agent giving me bad advice? My next strategy is to do one of the phones. Then request a new PAC for the outstanding O2 port. But does anyone else have any advice on this before it all goes pear shaped? 

13 REPLIES 13
ianground
Investigator
Investigator

@Katie_B , @Leanne_T Yes, I can find the page that way. I will keep this option in reserve till after I speak with the EE team. I dont yet have a temporary EE number to transfer.

However, lets be clear. If EE is insisting on one PAC per number then this really does not seem to be  what Ofcom says you should be doing. They say "To switch between two and 24 numbers, you will need to request a PAC" . So between 2 and 24 numbers = a (i.e) ONE pac. If other companies like O2 are issuing one pac per set of numbers to transfer and EE is insisting on one pac per number then this causes hassle for everyone.

ianground
Investigator
Investigator

Yes that links works. I will keep that option in mind as I dont even have a temporary number. Will talk to the EE team tomorrow. 

However lets be clear that the Ofcom rules are 

two and 24 numbers, you will need to request a PAC

that is ONE pac for 2-25 numbers. If O2 are giving out 1 PAC for 2 numbers and EE only accept 1 PAC per number then this will cause a great deal of unnecessary hassle.

ianground
Investigator
Investigator

@Katie_B @Leanne_T 

You asked me to follow through on this. I have now successfully transferred both numbers from o2 to EE using the form.

And I used one PAC number. So the advice above is not right I think. I used the PAC code to transfer the first number. Then waited till that was confirmed and working (two days) then used the SAME PAC to do the second. That took 1 day. 

Dont know how it works the EE end or the O2 end when PACS are received but you may wish to update your knowledge/advice on this topic. Thanks

(the form could be improved. It first asks for "Your number". That is not clear whether that's the account holder number to get the autentication code, or a number being transferred or a number being transferred to). its only on the page after the code that there is a clear form about what numbers are what. You might like to feedback to XP Devs. Thanks

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back to us, @ianground 

I'll pass your feedback on to the relevant team. 🙂

Chris