cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer gone wrong

Sashhh
Explorer

Hi there,

So upon setting up my new device it came up with an e-sim option. I was hoping this would just transfer my old o2 number which I wish to keep, across to my new EE sim so that I didn’t have to then have a whole new number.

instead it appears that my old number has now transferred across to my new phone handset as an e-sim registered to my old contract with o2 network rather than transferring to the EE SIM card I had put into my new device and now I have two numbers registered to the handset, when all I wanted to do was transfer my old number across to my new EE SIM card.

Any ideas how to fix this, as I don’t want to lose any items stored on what was my old phone but now appears to be an e sim in my new phone. My  old phone no longer works as it says it has no sim and I believe this is due to the number being transferred as an e sim by error with the o2 network rather than into the EE.

I have tried completing the port form, texting port to 150  and previously requested a pac code on my old device but still nothing seems to have happened . 

help me please, why is this transfer never smooth! I was hoping I wouldn’t have to carry two handsets around with me, even though the old handset is no longer receiving any of my notifications 

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sashhh 

Welcome to the community.

I'm not completely sure on what has happened here. I recommend speaking to our Mobile Care team so they can check your account from our side. They'll be in the best place to advise you what to do going forward to fix this.

Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks for your prompt response.

when setting up my new handset I’ve somehow set up a dual sim hense why I have a primary and secondary number. Rather than my old number from my previous o2 contract transferring across to my EE contract and sim  it’s now transferred to my new handset as an E-sim still on the o2 network and so the EE sim in my phone still has the new number which is currently set as the secondary number. Is there any way to amend this so my old number can be transferred to my new contract and for my old o2 contract to be removed from the e- sim and ended

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Ah, I think I understand, @Sashhh 

You would need a PAC from your old provider. That would allow you to transfer your number from the O2 eSIM to the EE physical SIM. That would remove the O2 eSIM from the phone, allowing you to set up another one, or change your physical EE SIM to an eSIM.

Chris