cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Verfication Codes

Rayling77
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, my number has today ported from O2 over to EE but I am not receiving verification codes via SMS but am receiving other messages. My EE sim is also able to take calls but it cannot receive calls from those on Vodafone.. please advise 

5 REPLIES 5
Rayling77
Investigator
Investigator

Hi @MrJayface did you ever manage to sort this? I’m experiencing the same issues on two numbers after porting from o2. Any advice? Thanks 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you're not able to receive calls from VF on a ported-in O2 number, I doubt you'll be able to receive calls from any "off-net" user i.e. anyone other than EE.

This is a reliable sign of the porting-data not being fully completed by your donor network, but as you are an EE customer it is for EE-CS to resolve. If you have received a text message to confirm porting complete, you should report the issue to CS on 150.

If they are not able to resolve during the call, they should raise a case to support team.

Acorn78
Explorer

I am having the same problem today. Porting over from 3. Unable to link product in my online account as verification texts don’t appear. Was able to receive them before I ported. Did you get it resolved?

Same here. Needed for the same purpose - to set up My EE app. Ported over from VF yesterday. 

Rayling77
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all, mine has been rectified on one line but not the other as of yet. It’s because the porting wasn’t done correctly so was only able to receive calls from within the EE network, once this was rectified I was then able to receive codes and calls. You’ll need to log a case with customer services. Hope this helps