cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from Plusnet... Tumbleweed!

Lazarus_42
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I filled in the form to move from Plusnet to EE & keep my number. I supplied the PAC code, details for a credit check and my Direct Debit information.

Then absolutely nothing happened! It bounced me into the shop but the order is still sat in my shopping trolley and I've reviewed no confirmation email. It just leaves you hanging. 

Has anyone else had the same experience?

Cheers everyone! ( I do hope this isn't an omen!)

Laz

9 REPLIES 9
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lazarus_42 

Welcome to the community.

When was it that you requested to do this? It usually goes through the next working day.

Chris

Hi Richard, thank you for replying. I think I completed the form at about 04:00 this morning. 

I've been in touch with CS and they're calling me back at 13:00 tomorrow in case it's taking longer than normal. They said there is currently nothing showing at all on the system. I'm just stressed out because I've had the number since the analogue days & my first mobile.  Any glitches during porting worries me. 

Laz ☮️

Christopher_G

I'm sure it'll be fine, @Lazarus_42. The number should stay active on the old SIM, until it ports across to EE fully.

Please keep us posted on what happens.

Chris

First of all mate I called you Richard for some reason. I have no idea where that came from!

Christopher, fingers crossed eh? The girl in the cubicle with the headset managed to be chirpy, helpful and friendly on  a Monday morning (If you're in the same building find Reanna on the phones in CS and make her a coffee from me!

And yes, I'll report back on any developments. 

Keep safe Christopher 😀

Christopher_G

I did notice that, and did wonder, @Lazarus_42 🙂

Fingers crossed that it's sorted soon for you. 

Chris

Hi Christopher, I promised you an update...

It seems "Tumbleweed" was a very apt title to the thread after all. Reanna didn't call me back. Not a peep out of her.

The call back was her idea, we discussed what time it would be, her breaks, start/finnish time ect. but nothing.

It really doesn't bode well for the future. A company that can't even chase a lead like that isn't one I want to be involved with, I should've been swept off my feet, up-sold with minutes & data I won't use & a new 'phone I didn't need. 😆

But she couldn't even be **bleep**d to text me saying she couldn't make it.

So that's two ways I've tried to become a customer just to be met with silence so I think I'll shop around.  

Thanks Christopher, 'twas nice meeting you. 😀

L ☮️

AGfj
Visitor

I am attempting to migrate from Plusnet and so far have no idea what to do! I have been through security to get to the EE site but have no guidance as to what to do next. I did happen upon a page that contained optional monthly contracts but as soon as I navigated to 'phone calls to Europe I ;lost the original page and couldn't find the info I required anyway...

Hi, I got an email from Plusnet recently & they included a phone number for a Plusnet advisor to talk about what's available from EE. 

After my little foray into EE's customer service I'm thinking of giving it a call myself.

Here you go, try this... 0800 0791133

Let me know how it goes, I'd be interested 😀

L ☮️

Christopher_G

I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't get your call back, @Lazarus_42. When was it scheduled for? It may be worth giving that number a call, just to see if this can be sorted for you.

Chris