cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port In date is nearly a month away

Barty1959
Investigator
Investigator

Someone please allay my fears. I have been provided with a migration route from the soon to be closed PlusNet mobile, across to EE. Super stuff I thought - so I followed the application process, and provided a PAC number. Today, a week later, a SIM arrives with a pre-set EE number, so not my old one. Anyway, cutting to chase, I had to resupply the PAC and my existing number via a texting process, great stuff - I thought. However, once I finished, I was told the "Port In" process would be finished by 26th August (25 days from today). Could someone please tell me this is just a random date and that it will only take two or three days really?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi again James

All sorted - took less than a day to port - my number's ported successfully.

The erroneous message shall remain a conundrum, and was just a momentary oddity. But I hope others benefit from knowing all is OK in such an event.

Steve

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Barty1959,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

It shouldn't take longer than two working days to transfer your number.

What was the full message you received?

James

Hi James, thanks for the reply, I'm glad to hear the better timing you suggest.

Here's the text from EE's 150 that I was sent yesterday (1st August 2023)
"Thanks, the port in is all set up and will take place by 6pm on 29-08-2023
Please don't send this PAC request again before the above date and time as it could result in a delay"

Prior to that I was texted
"Thanks. Please reply to this message with your PAC code
Your PAC should follow the format of three capital letters followed by six numbers, for example: ABC123456"

And before that
"Welcome to EE's Port In service
It's only 2 steps so won't take long.
Please reply with the number you want to transfer from your current service provider"

James_B

Hi @Barty1959,

I believe that message may have been sent in error, but as a precaution, please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can check the status of your number transfer.

They'll be happy to help.

James

Thanks again, will do. Watch this screen.

Steve

Hi again James

All sorted - took less than a day to port - my number's ported successfully.

The erroneous message shall remain a conundrum, and was just a momentary oddity. But I hope others benefit from knowing all is OK in such an event.

Steve

Leanne_T

Thanks for sharing and letting us know @Barty1959 

Leanne 🙂