cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just received my SIM pay monthly scheme. What now?

Chocolate3000
Explorer

Hello EE and members of this forum. I've just received my SIM card, and I don't know what to do. I elected to keep my old number, and submitted a PAC code. 

How will I know my old number is working on the new SIM? Do I do something? Do EE inform you of the transfer?

Many thanks.

Will.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

When you submit a PAC as part of a new order, your SIM is supplied on a temporary number initially. You need to insert the SIM into your chosen phone and switch it on to connect to EE's network.

Providing you do this before approx 5pm on a working weekday, your PAC will be submitted and number will port-in the following working day. If you do this after 5pm or on a weekend, your PAC will be submitted the following working day.

On port-in day, you may receive split-service for some time before the port completes, which will be notified by a text message to your new phone.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
bristolian
Legend
Legend

When you submit a PAC as part of a new order, your SIM is supplied on a temporary number initially. You need to insert the SIM into your chosen phone and switch it on to connect to EE's network.

Providing you do this before approx 5pm on a working weekday, your PAC will be submitted and number will port-in the following working day. If you do this after 5pm or on a weekend, your PAC will be submitted the following working day.

On port-in day, you may receive split-service for some time before the port completes, which will be notified by a text message to your new phone.