cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing of phone number.

johnnie20
Visitor

My wife bought new phone but I wanted to keep original EE number. Advised to go to another supplier who did import the number. I then passed PUK NUMBER TO EE shop in Livingston who then input details so that the number could be imported back to EE. Advised this would happen within 48 hours. Still not done after a week. What can I do?

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Changing your phone whilst keeping your number is classed as an upgrade, and if your wife had bought her chosen new phone as an upgrade she would have kept her number as a matter of course.

It sounds like you have ported your number out to another operator and ported back in as a new customer, using a PAC (Porting Authority Code) - a PUK is for unlocking a phone after entering an incorrect PIN 10 times.

Which day did your PAC get given to EE for the return port, and at what time? The usual timescale is for the port to be activated the following working day after using the PAC.

@johnnie20  just to check you did have the other network sim activated?  Ie you had a working signal with that sim ?